Below is a checklist/ form that could be of use for some you that are looking for roofing services in utica or it’s surrounding areas. I will admit, I didn’t create this checklist, it was first found at
I feel that it can be useful for anyone looking to maintain their roof and extend it’s longevity.
In addition, there are a few tips that are useful on the website:
When cleaning your gutters or inspecting your roof system, remember important ladder safety tips:
- Make sure the ladder is on solid, level ground.
- Secure the ladder at the top to prevent it from slipping.
- Inspect the ladder, rungs and rails for damage.
- Extend the ladder at least 3 feet beyond the gutter, and angle it 1 foot back from the house for every 4 feet in eave height.
- Always use both hands when climbing the ladder.
Once on the ladder, you should look for:
- Shingles that are buckling, curling or blistering; this indicates the end of the shingles’ life expectancy.
- Loose material or wear around chimneys, pipes and other penetrations.
- Excessive amounts of shingle granules in your gutters; granules give shingles added weight and protect them from ultraviolet rays.
As always, if looking for a roofing quote feel free to contact us today @ 315-272-4754
from News – Roofing Contractors Utica NY http://ift.tt/1VJviu7